Every website is unique. Website owners have specific set of requirements for hardware and software. These things have to be considered when choosing cheap dedicated servers unmetered. On top of it, there are other important factors that need to be taken care of such as the following:
- Processor – You have to check how powerful the server is. Powerful servers have CPU-intensive scripts, specialized servers for games, virtualization servers, SQL servers, and video transcoding servers.
- Memory requirements of the website – You have to check the website’s memory requirements and the impact on the loading speeds.
- Storage needs – As a website owner, you have to choose the type and number of hard disks on your dedicated server. If your website handles sensitive information from your client, then you need a single hard disk to store vital information. By doing so, you will be able to make sure that vital information is not lost.
- Bandwidth – Your bandwidth needs depends on the amount of traffic your website has. What the bandwidth does is it determines the amount of data that can be transferred from the server to the website at a given time. If your website has a lot of traffic, then you would need more bandwidth. The same thing goes for websites that have images, scripts, and videos.
- Operating system – In a server, there are two primary operating systems – Windows and Linux. What operating system to choose depends on the particular needs of your website. Windows dedicated server is for websites that were programmed on a MS SQL or ASP.NET. On the other hand, a Linux/Unix dedicated server is for websites that use Apache, PHP, MySQL, and Ruby on Rails. When using the operating system, website owners have to make sure they can use the control panel and the administrative areas of the server.