Are you having trouble with a Windows update? Does the installation of Windows update in Windows 10 show a 0x800705b4 error? As with most errors, anyone’s primary tendency would be to ignore this and move forward. But there are several methods to solve this error. While these updates are crucial in bringing in bug fixes, latest features, and security patches, the windows 10 activation error 0x800705b4 can stump users.
About 0x800705b4 Error in Windows 10
The 0x900705b4 windows 10 error is quite common and can happen for a number of reasons. This hexadecimal data format is the most common way for Windows to let users know that there has been a malfunction. Ignoring this message could cause computers to slow down. At times, it could even lead to computer crashes and permanent data loss.
To avoid any dreadful consequences, there are a few steps users can take to deal with error 0x800705b4 windows 10.
1: Damage Control
In some cases, the 0x800705b4 error might cause the loss of important data if the first install does not result in a windows update. In fact, the loss of data can also follow a successful installation. Thus, before any further steps are taken, make sure to assess all the files and folders are present and accounted for. Please ensure you take back of data before opting for any DIY methods. However, in case files and folders are missing, use a data recovery software, preferably Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows. This is a very easy to use software that assures results for any data loss condition and offers a 100% secure and free download.
Note: Following the steps below before doing so can result in overwriting due to the 0x800705b4 windows 10 update.
2: Run a Malware scan
Find the corrupted system. Open the Windows Defender program and carry out a full system scan. This allows users to single out any malware or virus. You can also make use of any antivirus software you might be using for this purpose.
3: Try the Windows Update TroubleShooter
Microsoft’s Windows Update troubleshooter finds and fixes any issues which may work well in some cases of error 0x800705b4 windows 10.
- Type ‘troubleshoot’ in Cortana and click on the Troubleshooting option that turns up on the pop-up menu.
- Select ‘View All’ in the left pane and select the Windows Update among the items of the list.
- Click on ‘Advanced’ and then choose ‘run as administrator’.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Recheck Windows Update if you see the 0x800705b4 windows activation error.
4: Run an SFC Scan
System File Checker tries to scan and repair any files which are corrupt or damaged and can be run via command prompt by typing in the command ‘SFC/scannow’. Reboot the system after the scan. If all the system files seem to be in order, move to the next step.
5: Handle Software Distribution Folder
At the command prompt, stop the windows update services, by typing in:
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net stop sryptSvc
net stop msiserver
Rename C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution as SoftwareDistribution.old and C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 to Catroot2.old, then restart the system.
Follow this by reinstalling the Windows Update.
6: Disable Other Updates
Windows Updates often brings updates for other products. These could prevent the system from making use of the Windows Updates, so it would be best to disable the ‘Give updates for other Microsoft products’ toggle in the ‘Advanced’ options under Windows Update.
7: Uninstall Corrupted Updates
Uninstall the recent updates that caused the issue with the system. Then restart the system and head to the Windows Updates Catalogue to manually download the latest updates.
Go the following route. Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update. It has a ‘Check for Updates’ option. Find the updated version available for your current system, and search for the version code in the Windows Updates Catalog page. Download the update and reboot the system.
Recover Data with Stellar Data Recovery Professional Software
The best way to avoid this error is by taking care to shut down the system properly. Keep the device drivers updated at all times and have a good, reliable antivirus installed on your system.
If these steps do not seem to work, make sure to back up your data and install Windows afresh, which is the only way you can get rid of the error. There is no reason to fear data loss following this error though, as stellar data recovery professional software guarantees complete data recovery for Windows. It is a powerful tool which recovers data from all types of Windows devices and is a simple DIY software. Simply choosing the affected partitions and scanning them would provide a preview of all the recovered documents. You can simply choose where to store the recovered files and continue until all the files are retrieved. Getting your data back is that simple.
Why Choose Stellar Data Recovery Software?
- Stellar data recovery professional software can recover data from extremely corrupt drives and can be easily used on any Windows PC.
- Loyal customer base and excellent support system.
- Tailor made solutions to your requirements.
- Easy to use interface, even for beginners.
- Flexibility to recover data from any storage media device.
- Globally recognized and awarded software for data recovery and PCMAG’s Editor’s choice.
- Stellar data recovery has 25+ years of experience and customer satisfaction. Raving customer reviews, in over 18 nations, recovering 30+ Petabytes of data per year.
- Recovers any file type using the file signature.
- Recovers data from Windows devices, storage media, corrupt hard drive, lost partitions, and optical media.
- Secure data recovery, using add-on drive monitor utility, and disk cloning.
- Transparent and reliable software to solve your data needs responsibly.
- 30 day money back Guarantee
- It offers free software updates and unlimited data recovery