There is a way that you can connect your PlayStation 4 console to your laptop of desktop computer. This is through Sony’s Remote Play app. In this article, we will advise you on how to connect PS4 to laptop.
With the Remote Play app, all you have to do after installing and configuring it is just connecting your DualShock 4 controller to the computer with a USB cable and you’ll be able to play your PS4 games on your laptop.
The following are what you’ll need to use this app:
– PS4 console
– DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller
– PlayStation Network account
– Internet connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps for best performance
– You’ll need a microphone to use voice chat. Your computer’s inbuilt mic can serve this purpose if you like.
Installing the application
1. Download Sony’s PlayStation 4 Remote Play app and save the file to your desktop or any other location.
2.Run the installation file.
When you run the installation file, a dialog box will appear. Simply follow the prompts to install the application. You might receive requests, during the installation, to download more software that the Remote Play app needs to use. Just follow the on-screen instructions to download this software.
Setting up your PS4™ system
You will need to do the following things on your PlayStation 4 console before you can use this app.
– Enable the app. To do this, select Settings , then Remote Play Connection Settings, and then click on the check box to Enable Remote Play.
– Activate the system as you primary PlayStation system. To do this, click on Settings, then Account Management, then Activate as Your Primary PS4, and then finish by clicking on Activate.
– For you to be able to start the app and use it while your PS4 is in rest mode, click on Settings, then Power Savings Settings, and then Rest Mode Activate Features. Finish this step by clicking on all the checkboxes for Enable Turning on PlayStation 4 from Network and Stay Connected to the Internet.
How to Use Remote Play
1. Switch on or into rest mode your PS4 system.
2. Pair your controller to your computer using a DUALSHOCK 4 USB wireless adaptor or connect it using a USB cable.
3. Launch the PlayStation 4 Remote Play app on your computer and click on Start.
4. Sign into your PlayStation Network account using your account.
If the Remote Play app cannot find your system or you have not activated it as your primary one, you will be forced to pair it manually with your computer. To do this, connect your PlayStation 4 and computer over the same network. A pop up with instructions will appear. Simply follow them.
Please note that not all games support Remote Play.
What to do When Remote Play is not available in your country/region
– In most cases, if you have an internet connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps, you will be able to use Remote Play to play your games. A wired Internet connection is highly recommended for both your computer and PS4 system. Also try to change the video quality for Remote Play to Standard. This is because other devices on the network might be consuming large amounts of bandwidth.